- I offer brief online (5-10 sessions) supportive counseling/coaching for clients who are facing life-changing events and decisions.
- I am a supervisor who offers support to other clinicians remotely by phone and video conferencing.
- I am available to mentor therapists and other helping professionals in developing, consolidating, or refining their professional identities.
- I lead study groups and workshops online – for clinicians, clergy, and others who are interested in learning more about depth psychology, dream work, or existential processes in a flexible integrative environment
- I support communities of religious sisters and nuns by offering a therapeutic space for self-reflection and on-going discernment for candidates, novices, juniors, and fully professed sisters.
- I am also available to support those with life limiting diagnosis and their families who are contending with existential distress.
- I can provide guidance to those who have chosen to seek out psychedelic therapies / plant medicine to work through existential /end of life anxieties. Although I do not refer to or facilitate such experiences, I have experience and training in helping people prepare and set intentions beforehand, and integrate such experiences afterwards
- I can provide HIPAA compliant encrypted video conferencing and email communications – and will work over other platforms as the client prefers with the informed consent regarding the limits of confidentiality.
- Fees are variable based on the client’s financial circumstances. I do not accept insurance.
If you would like to arrange a consultation or any other inquiries: contact me at email@example.com
This is a short list of psychotherapists and colleagues that I am close to, know well, and engage in peer supervision with. These are the colleagues that I learn something from, and that I am grateful to have in my professional life. I have referred good friends, family members and clients to them all, and know their work intimately.
David Amarel PhD – David happens to be my husband, but I still think he is a very good therapist -(of course I’m not objective!) He is often full, working exclusively online, but occasionally has openings. Fee range: $145-$190
James Masten PhD – James is, one of my dearest friends and colleagues, and someone I turn to for peer supervision. James has a generalist practice as well as a specialization in supporting gay men with HIV and AIDS. Fee range: $150-$200
Christopher Torsiello LMSW – I have referred many cases to Chris in the past and we collaborate with each other regularly. I think he is an excellent intuitive clinician. Warm, honest, and active. Fee Range: $100 and up
Marc Sholes LCSW Marc is one of my oldest and dearest professional mentors. A kind, warm, and knowledgeable presence. He teaches and supervises at the National Institute of the Psychotherapies. Fee Range: $160 and up
Lissa Hunsicker LCSW – Lissa is a warm, kind and supportive therapist with a specialization in trauma work. Her offices are in Brooklyn. She is often full, but has occasional openings. She has a sliding scale.
I also refer regularly to these therapists who I trust and who are googleable:
Joy Lieberthal Rho LCSW, – Eastchester
Kelly Sykes PhD – Brooklyn
Beryl Nightengale PhD – Brooklyn
Bridget Vidunas RN, LSCW -Manhattan
Thomas Moore PhD – Manhattan
John Nathan, LCSW- Manhattan
Kacy Ames-Heron PhD – Manhattan
Shinhee Han LCSW- Manhattan
Hank Flacks, LCSW – Manhattan
Paul Iappini LCSW – Manhattan
Jeffery Spodak PhD – Manhattan
Genna Brocone LMFT – Colorado
Kim Ehly, LCSW – Florida