- I offer brief online (5 -10 sessions) coaching/spiritual support/consultations for clients who are facing life-changing events and decisions.
- I am available to mentor therapists and other helping professionals in developing, consolidating, or refining their professional identities.
- I lead study groups and workshops online (see Menu) – for artists, clinicians, clergy, and all others who are interested in – studying depth psychology and mysticism, dream work, or contending with mortality – in a flexible integrative environment
- I support communities of religious sisters and nuns by offering a therapeutic space for self-reflection and on-going discernment for candidates, novices, juniors, and fully professed sisters.
- I am also provide spiritual exploration, peer support and coaching for those with life limiting diagnoses and their families who are contending with existential distress.
- I offer guidance to those who have chosen to seek out psychedelic therapies / plant medicine to work through existential / end of life anxieties. Although I do not refer to or facilitate such experiences, I have experience and training in helping people prepare and set intentions beforehand, and integrate such experiences afterward.
- I can provide encrypted video conferencing and email communications – and will work over other platforms as the client prefers with the informed consent regarding the limits of confidentiality.
- Fees are variable based on the client’s financial circumstances.
- I am not taking new psychotherapy cases at this time and insurance is not applicable for these services.
- I am also available for single session discussion group/workshops/presentations for organizations on subjects ranging from mortality and existential anxieties, living with cancer and end of life processes, transracial adoptive parenting, and exploring the useful and humbling aspects of intuition.
To arrange a consultation or other inquiries: contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For those seeking psychotherapy:
This is a short list of psychotherapists and colleagues that I am close to, know well, and engage in peer supervision with. These are the colleagues that I learn something from, and that I am grateful to have in my professional life.
David Amarel PhD – David happens to be my husband, but I still think he is a very good therapist -(of course I’m not objective!) He is often full, working exclusively online, but occasionally has openings. Fee range: $145-$190
James Masten PhD – James is, one of my dearest friends and colleagues, and someone I turn to for peer supervision. James has a generalist practice as well as a specialization in supporting gay men with HIV and AIDS. Fee range: $150-$200
Christopher Torsiello LMSW – I have referred many cases to Chris in the past and we collaborate with each other regularly. I think he is an excellent intuitive clinician. Warm, honest, and active. Fee Range: $100 and up
Marc Sholes LCSW Marc is one of my oldest and dearest professional mentors. A kind, warm, and knowledgeable presence. He teaches and supervises at the National Institute of the Psychotherapies. Fee Range: $160 and up
Lissa Hunsicker LCSW – Lissa is a warm, kind and supportive therapist with a specialization in trauma work. Her offices are in Brooklyn. She is often full, but has occasional openings. She has a sliding scale.
Dr. Liz Powell – A sex educator, therapist and coach, Dr. Liz specializes in supporting queer, non-binary and non-monogamous folks.
Jennifer Glacel, LCSW is the owner of Seven Corners Psychotherapy group near Washington DC, offering support for Family and Children as well as low cost support groups.
I also refer regularly to these therapists who I trust and who are googleable:
Joy Lieberthal Rho LCSW, – Eastchester
Kelly Sykes PhD – Brooklyn
Beryl Nightengale PhD – Brooklyn
Bridget Vidunas RN, LSCW -Manhattan
Thomas Moore PhD – Manhattan
John Nathan, LCSW- Manhattan
Kacy Ames-Heron PhD – Manhattan
Shinhee Han LCSW- Manhattan
Hank Flacks, LCSW – Manhattan
Paul Iappini LCSW – Manhattan
Jeffery Spodak PhD – Manhattan
Genna Brocone LMFT – Colorado
Kim Ehly, LCSW – Florida